Grades and Criteria
IACI offers different grades of membership to suit different levels of experience and training. Please read the definitions and criteria below to find the appropriate grade:
- You have attended an Internal Auditor training course, but have not conducted any audits since your course.
- You conduct internal ‘partial system’ audits of your organisation’s management system, or a supplier’s management system. You might not be a full-time auditor.
- You have attended an Auditor training course, but have not conducted any audits since your course
- You have been on a Auditor/Lead Auditor training course. You conduct 'full system' audits as a member of a team or as a sole auditor. They may be internal, second-party or third-party audits.
- You have been on a Auditor/Lead Auditor training course. You are experienced at managing audits and leading teams.
- You are a senior audit professional with an extensive history of conducting full-system audits, but you may no longer lead teams or audit regularly. Principal auditors have often moved into training, consultancy or management roles.
Please refer also to your relevant scheme to make sure you supply the correct information.