This grade is suitable if you conduct 'full system' audits as a member of a team or as a sole auditor. They may be internal full system audits, second-party or third-party audits.
At least to secondary education level.
- Four years full-time experience, or three years with a degree or near degree
- Two years’ full-time experience relevant to the auditor scheme you are applying for.
- An IACI-approved Auditor/Lead Auditor training course OR
- An IACI-approved Auditor/Lead Auditor Conversion training course – only acceptable if you have previously completed a five-day Auditor/Lead Auditor training course in another discipline.
- At least four full management system audits covering all requirements of the relevant management system standard. Auditing activity must include document review, preparation and performance of on-site audit activities, and audit reporting. The total duration of these audits must not be less than 20 days, 15 of which must have been acquired on site.
Note: Although we recommend you should complete all of the audits under the direction and guidance of an auditor competent as a team leader (one currently certificated as a lead auditor or who has equivalent competence), we acknowledge that for many auditors this will be difficult . Consequently, we will accept a minimum of one audit under these conditions. We may require this team leader to attest to your competence to audit as a team member.